AgileBits has announced the release of 1Password 7 for Mac, an update to the popular password manager for macOS.
Welcome to 1Password 7.0 for Mac, the greatest version of 1Password we’ve ever created. We’ve packed nearly forty new features, 50 improvements, and countless bug fixes into this release and we’re so excited to share it with you.
Here’s a look at the new features….
Watchtower with superpowers
Watchtower is all grown up! In addition to checking for compromised websites and finding weak and reused passwords, we’ve expanded the abilities of Watchtower to keep you even safer online. By securely checking your passwords against the database at haveibeenpwned.com, 1Password can tell you if they’ve been compromised in a data breach (and all this is done without your passwords ever leaving your computer). Watchtower can also identify any Login items that support two-factor authentication and guide you through enabling it for those websites. And, because sometimes it’s the little things, Watchtower will now keep an eye on expiring items so you know in advance if you need to renew your credit cards, passports, licenses, and more.
Not just for browsers anymore
1Password has always helped you effortlessly sign in to your favorite websites. Now it helps you sign in to your favorite apps, too, by showing you suggested Logins for the app you’re currently using. Signing in to the App Store? Click the 1Password icon in your menu bar to see your Apple ID. Simply drag & drop your username and password, and you’re in. We’ve baked in support for a huge list of apps, but if you find one that doesn’t work as you’d expect, please get in touch.
Your Vaults, Upgraded
For 1Password 7, we gave ourselves a challenge: make vaults wonderful. After much design and iteration, we’re thrilled to show you a whole new way to use and manage your vaults. The journey begins by clicking on the vault indicator at the top left of 1Password. Click on a vault to open it (or double-click to quickly switch to it). Vaults are fully drag & drop-enabled, making it super simple to move or copy items from one vault to another. You can also create vaults with ease and personalize them using a beautiful set of built-in custom icons. Explore the family or team sharing options available to you by clicking on the ••• indicator next to each vault. You can create a vault for your kids to give them access to things like garage door codes or Wi-Fi information. Create a vault in your team or business account to share documents securely with your coworkers. We think this will change the way you use 1Password.
So Much More
As we mentioned above, 1Password 7 is an update chock full of new goodness. We could easily write a 30,000 word missive on everything that’s gone into this release. Instead, we’re going to close out with a quick list of its greatest hits.
● Every pixel has been put under the microscope and polished for maximum upgradedness.
● The new “pop-out” feature allows you to view an item in a window of its own and keep it handy.
● Secure notes are now rendered using Markdown.
● Quick Open allows you to quickly jump to your items or vaults (find it under the File menu).
● A custom password font, all our own, courtesy of Alan Dague-Greene.
● A new password strength meter.
● Touch ID now leverages your computer’s Secure Enclave, making it more secure than ever before.
● Login items now have a gorgeous, custom rendered icon by default.
● Remove duplicate items on a per-vault basis by clicking Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items.
● Integration with Spotlight allows you to find your items using Apple’s built-in search engine.
● Nested tags allow you to up your organization: add tags with / in them and 1Password will break them down into groups.
● Opt in to automatic updates and never be left behind again.
Pricing & Availability
1Password 7 is included free for everyone with a 1Password membership. If you have a standalone license for version 6, you’ll will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available for special launch price of $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have. 1Password 7 for Windows will be released next week as a separate purchase.
You can download 1Password 7 from here.